Frequently Asked Questions
Get the answers to some frequently asked questions (FAQs) about our web design, SEO, PPC, Hosting and marketing services.
How much does a web site cost to build?
There is no short answer to this. There are different sized websites based on the business, services, tools or products showcased on the site. Cost of the website is based on the business requirement, features and functionalities.
What is your website design process?
A good quality website requires a step-by-step approach in developing a successful online presence.
1. Information and requirement: We begin with understanding the goal and purpose of the website.
2. Scope and Specification: Once the requirement is clear, we define the scope and specification of the project. This details the web pages, features and functionality, and the timeline for building the project.
3. Website Site map: Once the scope is clear we work on the sitemap, content and features as detailed in the scope and specification.
4. Content and Development: We review the content on individual pages keeping in mind the search engine optimization (SEO) to help focus on the topic or services.
5. Design: Careful attention and detail is provided in the design process. This includes the style and layout, colours, typography, and imagery etc.
6. Development: This stage translates the website design into actual code that makes the website work. This focuses on the features and functionality as required for the website. A staging link is shared to the client with the progress and action any feedback given by the client.
7. Launch: Once the client approves of the website on the staging link, the website is launched and follows all the process of launching to go Live.
8. Maintain: Website maintenance is important for the long-term health and success of a website. Hence, post going live with the website, we maintain and provide support to our clients.
How is CMC different from other website design firms?
We take time to analyse and understand the client’s business, services and requirement. The architecture, design and build of a website needs to be reflect the goals and purpose of the business.
We follow Agile methodology and focus on delivering high-quality solutions consistently.
Having understood the design process, we are able to plot a realistic timeframe for the completion and make timely delivery of our projects.
Websites are worldwide window into your business, and we maintain and support our clients with keeping their website well maintained to attract and retain customers.
What is your experience in website design?
As an IT Company we have 20+ years of experience. Our experience differs according to the required platform for your website.
We have been designing and developing custom websites for 20+ years and WordPress website since it’s inception in 2003.
How long does it take to design a website?
The time taken to design and develop a website is dependent on the size of the website. The size of the website is determined by the scope and requirement of your business reflecting the services and products you propose to offer.
Will my website work on mobile devices?
Yes, our website designs adapt to layout, content and elements sizes to suit different devices like desktop, laptops, mobiles, notebooks and iPads.
Can you design my logo?
Yes, we can help with creating significant visual identity logo for your business.
Can you write the content for my site?
Yes, we can write and provide content for your website. We understand.
Can you provide photos and images for my website?
Yes, we can help with providing appropriate images and photos for your website.
Can you provide videos for my website?
Yes, we can help you with appropriate videos for your website.
What content management system (CMS) will be used?
Some of the platforms like WordPress and Shopify come with their own inbuilt Content Management System (CMS). Different theme providers would have the CMS layout slightly differently. However, they all allow the facility to add, edit and publish the content and images.
However, for custom websites, we create a user-friendly CMS application to manage and publish the content and the images.
What do you need before we start?
1. If you are thinking of a website, you have already made a start. You need to put together as to what your website will offer. Is it going to be a service-based or product-based website?
2. A name for your website with a unique domain name.
3. Once you have your company name and a domain name, a good Logo will be required as a foundation and a mark of recognition for your business.
4. Brief or project requirement details for the website which helps in ascertaining the type of website (service-based or product-based).
5. The website would require content for the different pages. This could be provided by you or we could equally help you with providing the content for the website.
6. Photos and images speak volume and play an important role on the website. They contribute to a great user-experience and captures attention of the visitors. You can provide your own photos and images, or we can equally help you with those.
How do I know what should my website be written in?
Once you have the details to start the website, we will explain and suggest the correct platform for your website. A small or medium size service-based website can be designed and developed using WordPress template. Product-based website can be designed and developed as an ecommerce website. Type of ecommerce business will determine whether between Shopify website or Magento website. For example, if it is a boutique, fashion jewellery or knick-knacks, this will fall under Shopify website. However larger stores for example selling garments, DIY stores, wood-panels etc. would require a Magento website.
I already have a website - but I need some major updating. Can you help me?
Yes, we can. We will analyse your existing website and understand your requirements for updating the website. We will discuss and explain what processes and changes will be required and submit a written proposal detailing the same. The proposal will also include the timeframe and the costing for the required changes. The work will commence after your acceptance of the proposal.
Can you make our existing website more effective?
Yes, we can. We will audit and analyse your existing website and based on the findings we will suggest appropriate measures and changes to the website.
What if I need more website pages?
We follow the same simple process. Go through your new requirement of adding or making changes to the site. Share a written proposal detailing the request changes, timeframe with costing. On approval schedule and complete the work.
Can you maintain my website for me after the design work is finished?
Yes, we maintain the websites as website maintenance is important for checking any issues and keeping it updated and upgraded.
In the case of theme-based websites, for instance WordPress and Shopify the theme providers release the upgrades and updates periodically and hence the sites require the update to keep in line with the changes.
In the case of custom-based websites, for instance Laravel and Dot Net the same is applied and updates are carried out to keep in line with the technology and reduce the chances of any technical errors and issues.
After my site is built, who will host my site?
You have two options for hosting your site.
- You can opt to host on our high-speed and high-performance hosting server
- You can provide us with the details of your chosen hosting provider
What you suggest after completing the website?
We highly recommend regular maintenance of the website.
Who has the copyright to the website?
The website belongs to you including all content, photography, images and videos. Please bear in mind that you are legally responsible for anything that is on your website.
Who owns the website once it is completed?
The website belongs to you along with all the content, photography, images and videos along with all the legal responsibility for anything that is on your website.
Are there ongoing charges?
If you no longer require maintenance and support from us, there will be no charge. This is dependent on the requirements agreed for your project. If you no longer require maintenance and support from us, there will be no charge. However, there may be cost involved if you have opted for any other services like ongoing hosting, domain renewal or service level agreements.
Are there any hidden cost for my project?
No. We discuss your website requirement and send you a written proposal with the price. Once you have agreed we will adhere to our quoted price.
Can you help with redesigning my existing website?
Yes. We can help with redesign existing sites by completely new look and feel or retain your organisation’s style. Critical Mission Computing can provide a free website evaluation and suggest improvements to take advantage of the latest technologies.